Was it Richard Bach who said, "If you love someone, set him free; if he comes back, he is yours; if he does not, he never was."?
I think it was. I'm too lazy to google right now. The quote is a famous one and it's stuck in my brain particularly because back in Karachi we had a huge wall hanging/poster/board with this quote on it and I would see it every time I'd go up or down the stairs.

Khair, so I've let him free, but he keeps on coming back, then he pushes me away, then he comes closer again?

So if Bach [assuming it was really him who said this] was alive, what would his profound words be, given the situation I just described above?

Takers?

4 comments:

Seabrook Crisps said...

yeh i think it was Bach and the quote is true. By setting him free it means u change ur number all ur contact details... everything. Then if he comes back he was really yours, otherwise he wasn't yours to keep.

mahnoor said...

ummmm...

he's swallowed a yo-yo?

Reza said...

Yea let him go and if he keeps coming back at the end of the day, alls good. Another quote that I dont know someone said was.. A loyal dog always comes back to its master no matter what. Yes, I am back from my hiatus.. been busy and all :o.

Faith said...

Ugh, i hate that quote, its been used and abused for way too long now. I think no one should be allowed to come back after they leave. Grrr....