bah.

Aik to na, I'm sick of these aunties who absolutely CONFIDENTLY claim and predict how I'm going to get married right after I graduate. Like honestly, care about your own daughters, my mom can very well think about those issues and she'll definitely CONSULT me before making any predictions about my wedding. JEEEEEEZ!
I have a life, some ambitions, the goal of 'actually BEING someone' which I have yet to achieve and even if I didn't have to do all of those, I'm ONLY 22, so like.. give me a break will you!
And in any case, with the current happenings, getting married is the least of my priorities and will be for a very long time. Stupid gossiping aunties!
I'm really really annoyed at how some people STILL think girls, or even guys in some cases, should get married as soon as they're 'ready' [which according to them, is at 16 *roll eyes*]. Can they not see the evolving world, changing priorities and just generally, a more independant generation, who can pick and chose, make decisions and stick by them, accomplish something in life other than parenting, feel like they need to achieve something professionally, financially and academically?
Khair.
I played 3 dollars worth of Dance Dance Revolution at the arcade today. Quite fun it was, stress relieving AND good exercise. I think I might go again. Soon. I just need distractions in life. I think too much about things that are totally not happening and then depressive mode starts to show. Not good. Not me.

4 comments:

Schizo's rainbow said...

Whao! i stumbled onto this blog basically coz i wanted to keep ur user name and i was denied of it. Well anyway,who am i to judge on ur life...then again, why shouldnt i since u left it out there in the open for ppl to ponder,so here's the deal... "Sc**w wat aunties have to say, most of us went thru this sh*t,smile and pass the cookies next time they chatter endlessly on ur future, give them a break,the poor darlings have pathetic lives that start with soaps on the telly to whose saas is a bigger pain.... sooner or later they'll move onto some other victim to declare emergency rishta's for. besta luck!

inspirex said...

All the best....may the aunties stop buggin u and let you get on the path you want to be....

All the best..
:)

Anonymous said...

Aww its started already!..lol dont worry u will get hitched when ur time is up..and right now jus live it!

Seabrook Crisps said...

tell me about the auntie jees are the worst....... one of their sons got married at 14!!!!!!!!