an ode to crazy friends

My friends are crazy and thats an understatement. Either that or they just miss me terribly. And I honestly believe in the prior.
So I sleep late these days. The likes of 5 am-ish. Last night [morning?] was no exception. At around 7:30 am, my phone goes ballistic ringing. I was more than half dead, so obviously I couldnt even figure out it was my phone, and when I finally came to and picked up, I hear the voice of my friend, who's also my roommate, in utter hysteria. This is how the conversation followed.

Me: Are u crazy! It might be late night where you are but its 7 bloody 30 here.. I'm SLEEPING!
S: I'm really sorry.. I didn't realise it'd be that early.. but listen, now that u are up, we reallyyyy need ur help here..
[apparently, a good 10 people were over...]
Me: okay, WHAT?
S: okay, so u know how u connect ur laptop to the tv and we watch movies..
Me: OMFG! Please DO NOT tell me u called me at THIS hour to ask me THAT!
S: Pleaseeeeeeee... we really wanna watch this movie.. and we've been trying for so longgg.. and we can't work it.. and ure our techie.. and we miss u.. and we love u.. [insert other buttering-up terms..]
Me: okayyy okayyyyyy.. how far off are u guys?
S: Well, we've connected the cable.. now what?
Me: *Groan*
So well, I explain the whole process to a technologically impaired person, while she asks a dozen questions.. I'm obviously agitated and half asleep.. but we end up successful in the end.
Me: I still can't believe u called me to ask me that!!
S: Thank u sooooooooo much.. I love u.. and I'm so sorry but I had no one else to ask..
oh and by the way, I knew exactly what the time difference was.. I knew it was 7:30am. Forgive me. Luv u again. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Me: WHAT!? I soooo knew! argh.. BYE!

And later on, I find out, that the call wasn't even made through a calling card. It was a direct call.
Talk about craaaaaaaaaaaazy.

And at that.. another one just said something that I have to post.
Referring to her love for Juggy D and the likes..
"My life is SO DEPRIVED without the deserved NECESSITY of a punjabi boy to serenade me with his music AND dancing."

hahahaha.

I LOVE my girlfriends. =D

7 comments:

karmic said...

Hehe.. a direct call? who is paying at their end?
And no they don't get the time difference? Did they call from somewhere in the Indian subcontinent?
My family has trouble doing the whole time adjustment. I have given up trying to tell them.

Sweet of you to have helped them out though :)
Did you find out what was the movie that they so had to watch?

DysfunctionaL said...

noo jay, they called me from canada while i'm in europe..
and they ended up watching 'darna zaroori hai'..

White Magpie said...

njoy the vagaries

benz said...

lol..... tht was cute.... though... heheheheh... i wonder who is gonan pay the bill now :P

Viks said...

haha!

mAn[S]o0r said...

LOL

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Latch hook area rugs Brighton paris eyewear