eid.. yeah..

This eid I missed my family.. again.
This eid I spent all day at school attending classes.. again.
This eid I did not dress up or wear chooriyan or put on mehndi.. again.
This eid I did not make any 'eid mubarak' calls, or send any 'eid mubarak' messages or emails.. again.
This eid I studied all day.. again.


As far as the exciting stuff is concerned:

This eid I failed a midterm.
This eid I came home at 9pm after failing a midterm, to work on another assignment.
This eid I haven't slept enough.
This eid I didn't get the ONE phone call I'd been looking forward to for months.
This eid I did not eat biryani.

Eid has finally lost its charm for me, it's now just another day.. just another BAD day.
So yeah, eid mubarak to all who still care.

5 comments:

Teeth Maestro said...

A very Happy Eid Mubarak to you too

inspirex said...

ouch!
not a very interesting eid!
i was dead bored myself!!!

khair, all the best for everything else :)

Sadaff said...

I had a midterm on eid too. I hope I didnt fail. I really really hope so because if I did, I am so fucked beyond desscription:(

and i m sorry abt your workload...i know how it feels to not get the calls you were hoping to get and meet the ppl you really wished you could meet but eid's way is different in this chilly country, its so weird and cold:(
*hugs* feel better!

and HEYY
i will email you later today. I gave your email address to my behn and if someone called sarah farooq emails you, then thats her and if its me, well then you know.

also, we might come to visit the campus at laurier. i have a friend at waterloo who will gimme a tour of waterloo and she says that laurier can be covered in the same day. so yeah

and you take care acha and thanks for offering to help. i will be stuffing your inbox with emais darn soon:)

...hope you dont mind!

Gulzar said...

Hope you get what you are looking for dear...
I could make it for Eid to home...so I know how its like not to be there with your loved ones...
take care...

be happy...its nice seeing that you are stil bloging dear...

mahnoor said...

stupid canadian eids. bas lahore aa jao.