'pliss don't break my heart...'

So I've seen khusras begging around speaking broken english saying things like, "baji please give me some money, I'm so lonely" to random bhikaris giving me the vaasta of my unborn children asking me to spare some change, to beggars mocking me when I give them a 5 rupee coin. But in ALL my time spent in Karachi, I've NEVER seen something quite like this video. I find it so utterly hilarious, but by the time it ends I feel pangs of sadness as I realize how deprived these children are, and how many little Jamal's and Latika's we have in our city alone.

6 comments:

Xeb said...

You haven't seen the 'Don't break my heart', 'pliss buy one flower', 'just one flower, what's up nigga' kids? Go to Zamzama. They're all over the place! :P

DysfunctionaL said...

No I havent! and I'd go to zamzama SO often! this is nuts!

Senilius said...

Yeah, I encountered these kids on Zamzama. Tried to make a video with my cell phone but alas, bad lighting at 2 am in the night! ;)

Roshni said...

Ha I saw that a while ago...funny how they managed to learn the curse words but are still unaware about things that probably matter so much and can possibly change thier lives..

Majaz said...

This was ... shocking.

Makes you realize what a strange, strange world we're beginning to shape for everyone.

gone! said...

Never heard or saw something like that before. I wonder where we are headed. Kids have learned swear words but still aren't familiar with anything that would brighten up their future. Sad.