balloons

Balloons. Helium filled balloons.
I hold on to them real strong when I first get them. I don't want to let them go. They're light and amusing and when I run, they fly behind me.

Soon enough though, I go outside and let them go just to get the kicks out of seeing them soar up in the sky.

So then why?
Why do I get a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach as I let them go?

Why do I feel sad as they soar up and above?
Why do I feel bad about losing them?
I let them go in the first place, didn't I?
So, why?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!!xxxx

Gulzar said...

Never have fear of loosing anyone...its only the fear that brings more of hate n pain within...let go...but cherish the fact that they were there to be with you...

May Allah give you all those things that I have asked for myself too...

Take care
Allah Hafiz

Seabrook Crisps said...

i dunno why ....

Let them go. The world is full of people that you havent discovered yet.

abstract said...

wait..i get it...they're rehtorical questions...and that is my justification for not knowing the answer...

~Asma~ said...

ahh...i can relate to this in a way too...
*sighs* i guess the question is: why do we blow these balloons nyway? why do we breathe into them in the first place?